Homework must be requested through the child's teacher by 9:00 AM via email. Please make homework request at the same time notification of absence is sent. A message may be left the night before. Requested homework will be available after 3:00 PM in the school office.
MIDDLE SCHOOL HOMEWORK
1) A student MUST be sick at least two days for teachers to generate work to be sent home. One day absences must be made up upon return.
2) Each student will choose a homework buddy at the beginning of the year. That buddy will be responsible for delivering any books or papers. Teachers WILL NOT open lockers to gather books or organize homework papers to send home.
3) Each student is given the equal number of days to make up work as they were absent. It is entirely feasible for a student to get work upon return to school and make up that work before the deadline.
LATE HOMEWORK POLICY
If an assignment is late, the following grading penalties will be assessed in grades 3 - 8:
one day late = 50% reduction in grade
two days late = 0 credit
Teachers explain absence and homework policies at Back-to-School Night.
EXTENDED ABSENCE (NON-ILLNESS)
St. Ann School provides all parents with a calendar at the beginning of the school year. Please plan vacations during those times that school is not in session. There is no substitution for class discussions, teacher explanations, labs, and group activities.
If such a trip is unavoidable, listed below are the academic requirements for your child(ren).
1. Written notice of the student's absence with all pertinent information should be given to the principal and the classroom teacher one week prior to the trip.
2. The student is responsible for meeting with the teacher(s) immediately upon returning from the trip to get information on the work the student should make up. Keep in mind that not all work can be made up.
3. The student will be given the work he/she missed after returning from vacation. The student will have the same number of days as the absence to make up the work.
4. The student will receive credit for the work if it is completed and turned in by the appropriate date. If the work is not completed and turned in by the appropriate date, the student will receive no credit.
Individual teachers may have additional requirements.