Thank you for all you do for our students and for St. Ann Catholic School. We are so grateful to each of you for entrusting your child to our care in our mission to make God known, loved and served in educating your children. Your sacrifice to provide a faith-based education for your child along with our strong tradition of academic excellence are essential for passing on our shared faith and forming confident, caring and contributing young people who serve the community.
Soon we will celebrate all that makes us unique at St. Ann during Catholic Schools Week that begins January 29, 2017. We are doing amazing things and have much to celebrate as a faith community. We look forward to making a difference now and into the future, as we establish our legacy together.
Our school has been the biggest mission of our parish since 1949 and is such a vital part of our parish community. To successfully meet this mission, we are deeply blessed to have dedicated, caring teachers and administrative staff, who make significant financial sacrifices out of their love for your children and their desire to assist you in passing on the faith to the next generation of Catholics. Please let them know how much you appreciate their vocation.
It is an ongoing challenge to keep tuition affordable in the face of ever increasing education costs. We are extremely fortunate for a parish that generously subsidizes every student who attends St. Ann and for the many volunteers who make the Scrip program, Tiger Trot, Fall Festival and other fundraisers so successful. Tuition alone pays for only about 59% of the actual cost of education. For those families who are still challenged to pay the tuition rate, we offer financial assistance so that a Catholic education is attainable for all parish families.
You will note in the registration package this year there is once again an opportunity for families who are blessed and willing to pay the actual cost of education for their child(ren) or an amount greater than the stated tuition rate. This current school year (2016-2017), we received approximately $50,000 in supplemental tuition which was used to:
- Fund on-going technology investments.
- Install classroom libraries in grades 5-8.
- Provide additional resources in the Excel Center and classrooms.
- Provide teachers with additional professional development to promote best teaching practices.
- Increase tuition assistance
For the upcoming year (2017-2018), we plan to allocate funds to:
Any amounts exceeding the tuition rate will be tax deductible. We would be extremely grateful if you would consider such a gift. Through your generosity we can continue to build a bridge to the future together as one family in faith.
- Supplement tuition assistance.
- Technology enhancements.
- Increase wireless infrastructure.
- Document cameras.
- Laptop carts.
- Provide additional resources in the Excel Center.
- Provide teachers with additional professional development.
- NCEAA Conference 2017/2018.
Thank you for you continued support of St. Ann Catholic School, and most importantly, for allowing us to partner with you in caring for and educating your child. We are truly blessed.
Fr. Keith Lunsford Mr. Mike Riley
ST. ANN SCHOOL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
St. Ann Catholic School serves families who are parishioners of St. Ann Catholic Church. The parish boundaries are between State Line and Nall Avenue (East / West) and 63rd Street and 83rd Street (North / South). The school is located next to St. Ann Catholic Church at 7421 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208 (just south of the Prairie Village Shopping Center).
Kindergarten admission will be given to families based on the following priorites:
*Active St. Ann Parishioners are defined as those:
- Siblings of current students
- Active St. Ann parishioner using St. Ann Young Child Center*
- Active St. Ann parishioner*
- Non-active parishioners using St. Ann Young Child Center
- Non-parishioners using St. Ann Young Child Center
In the event the incoming kindergarten class exceeds capacity (target 52), the pastor and principal will take into consideration the admission priorities and any relevant circumstances in determining admission and the waiting list.
- Who attend Mass regularly and faithfully at St. Ann Catholic Church
- Have a stewardship of treasure pledge card on file and fulfill their pledge through regular Spirit of Giving contributions. Pledge cards are available in the school and parish office or online at: www.http://stannpv.org/spirit-of-giving-pledge-form
- Volunteer time to St. Ann School/Parish and support fund raising events
OUT OF PARISH ADMISSION
Admission of students of non-parishioners must meet the following conditions:
To find out more about St. Ann Catholic School, get a tour, or request a meeting with Principal Mike Riley, fill out the request information form by clicking here: /request-information. You are also welcome to contact the school Adminstrative Assistant, Linda Long 913-660-1101, email@example.com.
- There is classroom space available in the applicant's grade (target 52).
- The student meets academic and disciplinary requirements.
- Payment of registration fees and agreement to pay per student tuition costs of $7,600 for the school term.
Kansas law requires that a child be five years of age by August 31st to enter kindergarten and be six years of age on or before September 1st to enter grade one. Parents of all students new to St. Ann School must provide a copy of the student's birth and baptismal certificates. A physical examination including vision, hearing, speech, and dental examination will be required of all children entering school for the first time.
INITIAL PLACEMENT AND PROBATION
St. Ann School does not typically accept eighth grade transfer students. All students K – 7 transferring into St. Ann School are placed on probationary status to ensure their success. Children who apply for admission to St. Ann School must have a C average or higher and no suspensions or forced dismissal from his / her previous school(s). The principal will make admission and placement decisions based upon interviews, student records, achievement test data and/or other assessments administered by St. Ann. Placement will be reviewed each mid-quarter and quarter end for the first year.
The registration fee for the 2017-2018 school is $335 per student. The parish endowment fee is $50 per family. These fees are non-refundable.
Tuition is due the first of each month, for ten months, August through May. For those who wish to make quarterly payments the due dates are Aug. 1, Oct. 1, Jan. 1, and Apr. 1. There is a $25.00 fee on late tuition payments. Non-payment of tuition will jeopardize continued attendance.
TUITION RATES FOR THE 2017 - 2018 SCHOOL YEAR:
1 student $3,940
2 students $6,750
3 students $8,150
4 students $8,800
½ day kindergarten $2,540
1 plus ½ day kindergarten $5,700
2 plus ½ day kindergarten $7,460
3 plus ½ day kindergarten $8,340
Active Parishioner is defined by these criteria:
- Attend Mass regularly and faithfully at St. Ann Catholic Church.
- Spirit of Giving (Stewardship of Treasure) pledge card on file and fulfill pledge thru regular offertory giving. A pledge can be made online at www.stannpv.org/spirit-of-giving-pledge-form.
- Volunteer time to the St. Ann community and support its fundraising events.
½ day Kindergarten $3,800
1 student $7,600
It is St. Ann’s policy that new school families who live outside the parish boundaries but who wish to become active parishioners of St. Ann are required to pay out of parish tuition for the first school year. If during this year these families fulfill the responsibilities of an active parishioner, they will receive the in-parish tuition rate for all succeeding years in which they meet these requirements.